Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be to swap out the stealth button on a 9c1 to a cigarette lighter outlet?

I'm assuming that's where it is on the non 9c1 cars anyway.

Is it a junkyard part swap or is it more involved than that? It's getting kind frustrating not having the power outlet for my cell phone charger and my GPS when I need it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
How hard would it be to swap out the stealth button on a 9c1 to a cigarette lighter outlet?

I'm assuming that's where it is on the non 9c1 cars anyway.

Is it a junkyard part swap or is it more involved than that? It's getting kind frustrating not having the power outlet for my cell phone charger and my GPS when I need it.
i think all you have to do it get the lighter and the trim piece. im about to do the same its very unnecessary. lol sometimes i think my dash went out but something hit the off button by accident of course

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Why not just use a double or triple socket plug for the existing lighter? Works fine.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Why not just use a double or triple socket plug for the existing lighter? Works fine.
that depends if he has an ashtray if he does not that means he doesnt have a lighter at all because 9c1s dont have the lighter socket where the impala would have it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an ashtray but no lighter outlet at all. The stealth button serves no purpose for me but a power outlet would be rather useful. I found some auxilliary ones I could wire in but I think those look like crap.

So if I should be able to find an outlet and trim piece it should basically bolt right in right?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have an ashtray but no lighter outlet at all. The stealth button serves no purpose for me but a power outlet would be rather useful. I found some auxilliary ones I could wire in but I think those look like crap.

So if I should be able to find an outlet and trim piece it should basically bolt right in right?
Really?...there's no socket down lower if you pull the ash tray out? I don't think I've ever seen a 94-96 9C1 without it...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really?...there's no socket down lower if you pull the ash tray out? I don't think I've ever seen a 94-96 9C1 without it...
Nope. No lighter socket in the ashtray. Not sure why there isn't one though. It sucks not being able to use my phone charger on the way home from work.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I guess they didn't want cops smoking. But I would google search universal kits. I know parts stores sell a few different types, but they are ricer to me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think its funny how people always want what they dont have.
for instance ... I have been researching lately on how to remove my cig lighter in favor of a stealth button.
mebe we should trade up, Warpt :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think its funny how people always want what they dont have.
for instance ... I have been researching lately on how to remove my cig lighter in favor of a stealth button.
mebe we should trade up, Warpt :)
Let me look in behind the dash and see how hard it would be to pull it out.

I'm more than willing to trade my stealth button for a cig lighter outlet.

It may take me a couple days though. I have been working 6 days a week lately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts