Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm rebuilding the front suspension in my 94 9C1 in about a month with all new bushings, balljoints, tierod ends, centerlink, idler arm, Monroe SS shocks, poly sway bar bushings, and new front rotors, pads, wheel bearings, and brake hoses. To eliminate all the slop in the steering now, I'm wondering if I should rebuild the box? Is it something I can tackle or must it be sent away? Would it be better just to try and tigten it up first? Car has 167k miles on it and I'm sure the box is original.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Read here about my front end woes. You can check the box by having a friend turn the wheel slowly while you look for pitman movement. You can also turn the shaft with one hand while looking at the pitman arm. If input and output occur at the same time, the box is fine. I replaced everything up front and had my box rebuilt, but I am still dealing with wandering steering that feels like it has play somewhere. I am going to try aggressive alignment specs and see if that helps. I wish you luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.