Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was fixing my ignition on the 91 9C1 and while putting back my turn signal switch I found this. What is it and where does it go? The yellow plastic is a different color than t/s switch but it does have some of the same kind of grease on it. Please help. I want to finish this job

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one? I really want to put this column back together. Does anybody know where I can get exploded column views or a parts list or anything that might help me figure this out. Help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
When I first saw your post, I didn't respond cause I just wasn't sure on that part and thought someone else may. I did take the time to find a exploded view of the column and didn't see anything that resembled that part. Just try and google the exploded views of a steering column and see what you come up with. Also sites like Nalley Buick and others have GM Parts illustrations which may show something like what youre looking for.

Maybe something like this google search might help...

https://www.google.com/search?q=gm+parts+illustrations+steering+column+exploded&biw=1264&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj1482-mubMAhUCOz4KHeAyAV0QsAQIGw

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I looked at that spot. Already put that part back. Looked similar but buzzer switch is white plastic and this mystery piece is yellow plastic. Maybe a part of the turn signal switch? I can't find anything that resembles it in those exploded views either. So frustrating!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yellow connectors are usually airbag stuff. Since I haven't opened my column yet I couldn't tell you if it's from inside but have you looked at the back side of the steering wheel airbag?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured it out. Part of the airbag wheel sensor. Goes on back. Thanks for everyone's help. Hope this thread can help someone else some day. Here's a Pic of part in place and pic of car.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts