Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Impala Brothers,

Lately I have noticed that the front end has a popping, crackling sound everytime I make slow turns. It's not that loud popping sound that's common on our cars, its more of a crunching sound. Maybe the steering is going bad, what do you guys think :confused:

Thanks,
Mags94SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K. I read the article and maybe I misunderstood what the article is talking about. Basically what I understood was that you are suppose to make bigger holes on the side where the steering box makes contact with the frame. I don't know where the steering stops and steering knuckles are located, can somebody please point that out to me. Your also suppose to add some high temp water proof grease in those two areas. Do I have it correct or did I miss something?

Thanks,
Mags94SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mag,
I just replaced my upper & lower ball joints, & all a-arm bushings. I still catch myself not turning the wheel to full lock so it won't "pop". That job took care of mine popping & crunching. Put it up on jack stands & have someone turn the wheel lock to lock while you watch & listen for the lower ball joints. I could see mine move up when they popped at about full turn. Hope this helps. It fixed mine.
babyhauler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.