Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i turn the wheel all the way it feels like the front wheel is sliping it only do this when i turn the wheel all the way

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a common, and known problem with these cars. Don't worry about it, unless your feeling like you may have a problem. What I mean is, I have a completely new front end, with new ball joints, del-a-lum bushings, etc. and my car still does it from time to time. Also, a clicking, or popping noise coming from the front end while cranking the wheel all the way is common too.

Try not to crank it all the way if possible. It's not really too good for the car, and front end components. Keep it about 1/4 to 1/2 turn of the wheel AWAY from locking it. It makes u-tunrs more of a PITA, but it will make your car happier, and make you feel better while turning. If your car is still "slipping" even when the wheel is locked fully, then you have a problem and should look into it.

What kind of car you driving? How many miles on it, and what's old/new in the front end?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ONE of the many endearing qualities of these vehicles. :D - Jim

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also get this on my car too sometimes when I park it onto my garage from a crappy-ghetto-very-narrow alley(lots of turning the wheel all the way), makes a bit of noise. gots new ball-joints for a year now and no problems yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts