Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will our steering wheels interchange with any other GM vehicles and still retain the use of the airbag? I'm checking out GrantProducts.com airbag solutions. Nothing for the B body replacement wheels,but if another GM vehicle will interchange and still retain the airbag,Grant has the products that may work. Any ideas?

· Registered
11,632 Posts
The wheels should interchange, but you would have to use the airbag for that wheel. The connectors may be different, but a simple rewire should make them usable.

· Registered
669 Posts
I just changed to a non-airbag wheel. I'm short so 1st gen airbags are more of a health hazard than a help.

· Registered
486 Posts
A common steering wheel is the 95-99 Monte Carlo steering wheel w/ the steering wheel radio controls. Pretty much a straight bolt in just would have to wire up the radio controls to either the stock stereo or to a compatible aftermarket stereo with a remote control input. If you are interested I have a couple of the Monte Carlo SWC wheels for sale. Check out my sale ad here on the forum for more info. http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=227402 - Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.