Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11,648 Posts
I cannot say absolutely no, but probably not.

· Premium Member
155 Posts
Try a Pontiac Bonneville steering wheel!!

This one fits!! It is a dark gray leather wrapped steering wheel from a '95 Pontiac Bonneville. My original 9C1 steering wheel was all mushy and crumbly and this was a little smaller in diameter than the Impala SS leather wrapped wheel. Also I wanted a functional airbag.

If you do the swap you have to make sure that three things match up:

1. That the replacement steering wheel has the same number of splines as our stock wheel. I tried to swap in a Saturn wheel and no good! The splines did not match and the dish of the wheel was too deep. But most GM steering wheels are interchangeable.

2. The clock spring also has to match. I had to get a new one from the dealer.

3. if you want a functional airbag you have to get a I think a pre-1999 single stage airbag to match the bumper sensors on our cars.

If you do a search a lot of guys on this forum swapped in the FWD W-Body Monte Carlo SS steering wheel for the in wheel radio controls and getting the right model year for the airbag was a big concern.

Attachments

· Premium Member
343 Posts
3. if you want a functional airbag you have to get a I think a pre-1999 single stage airbag to match the bumper sensors on our cars.
I was told the 2000 was the last year for single stage air bag so in theory those wheels should work as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.