Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, but didn't find anything. Has anyone taken a steering wheel from a Pontiac (Bonneville, Grand Prix, Firebird, etc) or Chevy (Monte Carlo...) that had the steering wheel buttons on it, and tried putting our airbag on? Hopefully this makes sense, my brain is only partially functional this afternoon :D

-Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You need the airbag from the car you took the wheel from. I cant explain it that good, but I now have a '96 monty wheel controlling an aftermarket raido. When the search gets fixed there's plenty of info on this. Talk to Gary (LS1_MM6) he helped with mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have to use the monte carlo/lumina air bag. Ours will not fit. See pic of firebird steering wheel/lumina air bag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are topics on it, but the search is still broken. Here is the page I used to install mine...its not mine, but another members, it goes through it very good.

How to steering wheel Its on page 6 at about the middle of the page...very helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for finding that site! I added it to my favorites to guide me in the near future!

Was finding the actual steering wheel and airbag difficult? I doubt junk yards will have these steering wheels, as they are not that old, right?

Costly?

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My steering wheel off ebay for $47, then $20 more for airbag. But still waiting on the expensive item, the clockspring is new well over $100, and you want it new. I've yet to find one on ebay and I've been looking for over a month. Oh, and $15 for SEM paint to dye the kit (used bottle from forum member).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.