Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not as techie as most of the posts in this section - but thought maybe you guys could help me out.

A while back I swapped out the Delco radio/cassette player for a kenwood unit with 10 cd in the trunk, well when I did that the face plate (casing) I got for it - sticks out way too far.

I'm getting ready to install a newer kenwood with MP3 player and would like to find a case/face plate that is flush with that part of the dash. The hole the orginal unit needed is huge, but these newer ones are smaller so you have to mount it somehow with a case of sorts.

Does anyone know a manufacturer that has a case that will fill the empty space without jutting out so far?

Thanks!!!

:D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was looking for the same kind of thing you are looking for. All the smaller units have better features, look better, and have more options. But to make life simple for myself i decided to just get the Pioneer DEH-P77DH. I didn't want to run around trying to make a smaller unit fit flush and i hate the kits that make it bulge out. But if you have any luck with a simple solution, let me know. Hope you find what you're looking for

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I find anything, I'll let you know too... thinking about just making something - can't be that hard to take some plexi glass, paint one side black and cut an opening in it.. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To make it sit flush you have to remove some of the plastic bracing in the backof the mounting cavity. Many have done this with no ill effects...

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts