Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in Jasper, Alberta on Thursday Aug 29. I spotted this 9C1 being used by Parks Canada. A little rust behind the wheels, but still looks pretty solid.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Wow, glad to see some still out there. It's been about 3-4 years since I have spotted one still in use (was a city parks car).

That said 2 years ago I did see a Roadie wagon being used as a taxi. yellow and all, lol.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Lynwood IL PD had a 9C1 in front of their office until maybe a month ago. It's been replaced with a mid 90s Crown Vic... I don't know what they were thinking. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lynwood IL PD had a 9C1 in front of their office until maybe a month ago. It's been replaced with a mid 90s Crown Vic... I don't know what they were thinking. :(
Talk about a place with a low budget.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Talk about a place with a low budget.
Nah, they've got some pretty cool looking new Explorers with "Lynwood Police" ghosted in the sides. They look like they're murdered out, not cop cars.

·
Registered
306 Posts
There are some privately-owned B-body cabs up here in Stratford, Ontario; in fact, I've joked before that Stratford is where all Canadian B-bodies come to die because there are a lot of Roadmasters, especially, around here, but none of them in good shape :( .

To see a government-owned (especially Canadian government!) B-body still in service blows me away: our government seems to spend tons of money on stuff they don't need, and that includes replacement cars! It really goes to show how tough and well-liked the B-bodies are.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is an entire fleet of 9C1s at the Glynco, GA FLETC campus. Many were modified into PIT training cars, like so:

It had less than 60K, ran perfect and even had ice cold AC. Probably mechanically nicer than my 96.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was coming home from a job yesterday and saw a 94 9C1 in use by the Bridgeview, IL emergency services. It, along with a Police Interceptor were blocking traffic going into a shopping center on Harlem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was coming home from a job yesterday and saw a 94 9C1 in use by the Bridgeview, IL emergency services. It, along with a Police Interceptor were blocking traffic going into a shopping center on Harlem.
Earlier this year I saw a '95 or '96 9C1 being used by Bridgeview. I can't remember if it was for police or emergency services. It was in good shape and was sporting a set of trim rings.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Earlier this year I saw a '95 or '96 9C1 being used by Bridgeview. I can't remember if it was for police or emergency services. It was in good shape and was sporting a set of trim rings.
They must like their b bodies if they have more than one lol. I noticed yesterday on my way to a job the Lynwood fire department on Glenwood-Dyer Rd. has a 95-96 9C1. I'm glad I took that way to 394 instead of US 30 for a change. Otherwise, I may not have found out that car exists. It's crazy that municipalities still use cars that old for service. It goes to show you how well our cars were built.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts