Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to buy a set of stock chrome wheels. Ideally I'd like to buy brand new ones. Does anyone have a set? Know someone who does have a set? Or does anyone know a place to get a new set still?

If not I would like to buy a set that are "as new".

I'm willing to pay well if I find the right ones.

Alternatively, has anyone looked into chroming factory Brougham wheels?

·
Registered
946 Posts
The guy I bought mine from claimed that he had tons of parts for our cars. Pm me if you want his mailaddress.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as its not Bill from Derry NH I'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha he's a funny guy. I've known him for a while. I'd just make sure you see the parts before you buy. He does has a million parts! Could build 10 cars out of the parts he has! I'm glad he lives so close to me!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I was thinking about go with hydrochrome if you have heard of it. Check out this videos:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks absolutely incredible! I wonder what the longevity of hydro chrome would be. Any info on how it holds up? I also wonder if there are any shops in/near MA that do this.

Lastly, I am curious as to why Leno suggests using it only for small interior items and why he suggests getting bigger items, such as bumpers, actually rechromed. The 2nd video seems to show that it works perfectly on wheels. I'm very intrigued and I had never heard of such a thing prior to watching those videos!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I´m Reading at this site, a company doing this stuff a couple of hours from my place http://www.hydrokrom.se/index.html

I´m translating......"The top layer in hydrochrome is a clearcoat wich together with the silver surface is baked in a oven. It has the same durability as a carpaint.

It says the price is around 300$ but then the wheel has to be sandblasted first and this is not included. It´s extremely important that the wheels are 100% prepared. Every Little mistake will show in the chrome layer otherwise.

Check around at the website, it got nice pics and videos. Maybe google translate will work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts