Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone has done an complete stock dual exhaust on a 91-93 Caprice using Impala parts.
I have the complete exhaust system from the
front to back,(no manifolds yet) and the tranny cross member. I was wondering if anyone knows
how long this would take?, and if it could be done in a driveway with jack stands?
I'm asking because if it is really hard to do I will just sell this stuff and give up on the duals for now.
Any help would be great. :rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah just gice up and sell the muff sytem to me. Jokes, don't give up but don't kill yourself. If it's a 93', chances are the exhaust has never been changed since. Clamps, pipes, and brackets may be siezed and rusted and may require professional tools and maybe a good torching up to get that stuff off.

The best thing to do is bring it to a reputable shop and get it done to have the confedence of a professional job. You may break a rusted bracked, tear a tranny wire, or even damage a break line, killing yourself under the car which may cost you a tow and more work done. You probably already work hard enough at work, a job like this I suggest should be done at a good shop. I'm not saying kill your money, be lazy and bring it for everything at the shop, just there's some things better left to be done with the professionals. They've got thousands of dollars worth of tools to do your job easy, while you may be killing your self with basic tools.

Good luck with the beast and keep the peace

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 9C1Cruiser, you made a joke about selling
the exhaust, but ever since I put up this post, I have only received offers to buy it.

Well, looks like the deal fell through, the
buyer backed out. IF anyone is still interested, it's in the FOR SALE section.

I just don't have the time for this right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts