Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm looking for a set of front/rear replacement coil springs for a 1994 Impala SS. Having a difficult time finding a set of OEM replacment springs. Any know a source or can recommend a brand/part number that are close to stock height?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
the height on my 96 IMP is 26.5 in wheel well to ground in the front .

posted in the past some use the caprice springs HD and set them in place and if too high they use cut off wheel to shorten them so the height is what they want .

moog springs were what was recommended but today ??????

after a 1000 miles of use , I would then make them shorter if you want the front end a bit lower , these will take a drop with use ... then after 1K miles do the alignment ..

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
stock springs and tire size?
stock tires/wheels and springs .. measured from day one 26.5inches.. right side 1/4 inch lower battery does it .. since new..I have a big heavy battery in it..more weight on passenger side . all the ac components..

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I replaced my stock Impala springs, I went with the Moog 7268 spring as it is the same ride height as the original. It is stiffer (748lbs rate), but this car needs a stiffer front spring(IMO). The stock front spring rate I believe is 444lbs rate.

For the rear, I went with a spring from Speedway motors.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Tru-Coil-7-x-14-Inch-Replacement-Rear-Springs-Street-Stock-Oval-Track,168.html

These springs are the stock ride height and I would suggest the 200lbs rate for the rear. I believe that the stock rate for the rear is something like 154. The springs from Speedway do come in the 175lbs rate.

Later,
Michael

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I have 175# Speedway's in the back of my 95. As stiff as Eibach's but not as low.

Jim

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
750Lbs Front Moog 7268 Ford 150 97-03 Dodge Van 79-80
173Lbs Rear Moog 5419 Caprice 79-96
De-carbon shocks

This gave me near level (slightly higher at back) and a good ride. It is not legal to cut springs in many places so this was the best for me

Do not forget the shocks wear and change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts