No. It appears (to me) to be lowered.

KW

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
looks stock to me...
this is mine.
-ALF out....

EDIT: upon closer inspection of my own pics yeah, your car is lowered both ends.
-ALF

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder why the previous owner would lower the vehicle for 26s and install spring is jacks. What do I need in order to have my vehicle at stock height on at the front and rear ends. Here's a pic of the vehicle before I removed the spring jacks front the front end ...there were two in each side...none on the rear.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
I agree with KW. It looks lowered. Odds are, you need stock springs to get it back to stock height. But...why? It looks good and unless you're having issues why change it?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Definitely lower than stock. Looks like the top of the tire is about even with the fender opening. Stock has a pretty noticeable gap between the top of the tire and the fender up front.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Appears lowered to me as well and the stance is similar to my car with Eibach Pro springs. take a look at the springs and see if they are painted/covered as stock springs will be "rust" colored by now. Hey may also have some sort of part number on them.

Your the new owner of a 20 year old car so no telling what mods have been done or how old the springs even are. If you are after some comparison pics to stock height you can't do much better than the factory pics of the car. Lots of brochure and advertisement literature on the web if you look for it. Here is just 1 example....

http://oldcarbrochures.org/NA/Chevrolet/1995-Chevrolet/1995-Chevrolet-Impala-SS-Brochure

Btw. - I like how it looks right now.

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
1. Yep.....looks like the stance for Eibach or even Hotchkis springs.

2. The spring jacks? It may be possible that the owner BEFORE the previous owner installed the drop springs. Well.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

3. Still got those springs jacks?

4. I had some stock springs laying around..... If I can find them, your spring jacks for my stock springs?

5. EDIT: Found those springs.....LMK if you'd like to make a trade.

KW

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
KW, were you at SHSS?
No.....couldn't make it. But will probably be there next year....and since Nationals is gonna be in New Orleans, will likely be there, too.

KW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts