Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They bolt right up.

------------------

96BBB DJM 2" 3" drop springs/EnergySuspension components(all)/20"KMC STEALTH rims/Trenz billet grille & chrome bowtie/High polished inscriptions & LT1 logo on fender/Chrome pillar post/mirror tint/Clear corner & tail lights/High polished door sills,door bezel,window switch cover,lower bezel behind steering wheel,pedals,steering wheel,the whole console & shift knob,600 watt PPI sound system/Team SS intake with K&N & airfoil/hypertech program/Meziere pump/Hooker competion headers/flowmasters with catdelete/B&M shift +/9c1 airdam/T-B bypass/ported MAF sensor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually they wont look exactly like they do on the Impala unless you get 5/8" spacers on the wheels.

------------------
1994 White 9c1
T/B Bypass,B&M Shift Kit,Monster Tach,
Impala Grille,Home Plate & First base delete,
Resonator delete,high flow mufflers (Brand ???),
275/60/15 all around,Ram Air Intake,
B&M floor shifter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'll just be a little "deeper" set into the wheelwell. It'll still look fine and bolt right up.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dimo, it will look like it does in my signature picture. They look great, bolt right up, just the 9C1 has an axle that is not quite as wide as the Impala's, so like Ed said, it will be set further back into the wheelwell. All you need is a set of 255/50-ZR17 rubber to go with them. There are no problems with rubbing or anything else.

------------------

95 9C1 BBB, stock so far underhood, Impala Cloned on the outside.
2000 Z28 M6, also black, also still stock.
1993 454SS, also black, way beyond stock, but still street legal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats the biggest I would be able to go in back without changing anything? Besides 5/8" spacers?
Dimo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would Dal know what 5/8" spacer i'm going to be talking about when i order the rims from him?

also what's the width of a stock rim? 8.5"? would 275/50/17 fit on the stock rim? i looked at nitto 450 tires today. seems like a good tire. and it's closer to 225/70/15 then 275/40/17 (diameter-wise).

am i making the right choices here? i almost have enough money to finally buy rims and tires. btw, how much is the price on those nitto tires, and who do i order them from?

Thanks!

------------------

[This message has been edited by DR2000 (edited January 17, 2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dal doesn't sell spacers, and no you don't need them. It'll be fine without. Just buy those bad boys, slap some tires on them, and throw them on the car.

The 275/50R17s will fit, as long as your car is basically stock (SS) height. Stock 9C1 springs should be fine. I've seen an SS with them (on stock rims), and they were a bit too, ummm, "balloony" for my tastes. But they did fit.

Your best prices (or REALLY close) are gonna be at www.TireRack.com . Figure on $8-10/tire shipping, but remember that you DON'T pay sales tax. Just arrange to have them drop-shipped to your tire install shop, and you can go get them installed there. Also figure on about $15/tire or so for mount/balanace.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow $15 bucks a piece? I got my tires shipped to my house from tirerack for like 30 something bucks then packed all four in the trunk(I love the big a$$ trunk!) and mounted/balanced them my self(for free I might add). I guess Im kind of spoiled since I have a shop to do all this.
Dimitri

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.