Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the actual center to center control arm measurement? Preferably a design length not a tape measure length. Thanks, Gerry

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what do you mean center to center?
the lower control arms are the same length, for the past 10 years or more, on the rear wheel drive, for chevy caprice or impala, an that is for station wagon too, the only difference is the differential it self, the wagon is wider that the sedan, an the differential in the wagon don't need to be center like the sedan. :eek:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Center to center, the actual distance from the center of one bushing to the center of the other bushing. I realize they have been the same length for many years, but that in it self does not give me the length! I need it to build a jig for welding. Measuring the bolt ends while the arms arm in the car is not accurate enough because of the deflection in the rubber. I do not have any arms other than the ones in the car and did not want to remove one just to get the measurement for my little project. This is why I asked if some one had the design length not a tape length. Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tape length of bushing center to bushing center is 22.00 inches. Realize this is not the "design" length you are looking for but it worked for me in making my own LCAs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts