Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what ever reason my 9C1 doesn't have the rear bar, sorta, just a part of it is still attached to the right LCA. It's way too hot to crawl under the car yet but it looks like either it was cut or the brake was very clean. Anyhow, the previous owner bought a 1" PST rear bar years ago but never installed it. It uses side plates bolted vertically to the LCA's then the bar, with one bolt at the ends and a U bolt a few inches back with the bolts running horizontally to the plate.
My question, is this type of mounting as good/better/worse then the stock style?
Should I find a stock bar from a bone yard or different aftermarket bar, or is this one good?
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sell the bar : it is for another application.

With stock arms, about all I'd do is the stock bar (1") or smaller. The stock arms are a very weak point in the suspension.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it is correct for the Caprice as far as what the manufacturer (PST) intended it to go on.
Maybe it's an application for a Caprice that never had a factory rear bar?
I have an Addco rear bar on my '67 Galaxie that bolts up the same way (actually the plates bolt under the LCA's) but figured thats because there never was a factory rear bar ever. Seems to work very well on that car.
This one for the Caprice threw me because there is a factory bar they could have duplicated the mounting for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.