Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 RoadMaster and plan on the stock SS springs (others would just look too low for me), bilstien shocks (the stiff ones), would everyone still recomend the ho/ha rear sway bar and the F-body front sway bar for the most neutral handling. Iplan on autocrossing this car next year so just starting to get all the facts. Tried a search but couldnt find the answer if I have stock SS springs. Thanks in advance and would love to hear from a bunch of ever knowing suspention lovers! Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Road,

I Heard Nothing but good things about the F-Body Bar..I ordered one Last from NPD i was 125 plus shipping...If i heard right wich i hope it does come with bushings,endlinks, etc..If u do order it then get "1.25in Bar "7O-81" F-Body...With just the F-Body Bar u pretty much have a neutral feeling withought haveing to upgrade the back unless u dont have one.Just to save u some time to save up for a rear bar ..

Ssebastiano

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd recommend those bars with the Global West front springs (stock SS height) and stock rear springs.

I've played around with a bunch of setups now. That one is still the best I have found.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed:

How much stiffer are the Global West fronts than the stock '96 SS springs? Right now I'm running stock springs front and rear, Bilstein 1104/0929's, 285/40 SZ50's and the F-body/HA combo and the front seems a little soft.

Stewart

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
750 lb/in vs 440 lb-in.

BTW, do a search on this site. This has been covered in-depth more than a few times

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>750 lb/in vs 440 lb-in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hehehehehehe.....my valvesprings are 409 lbs/in :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ed: Thanx for the info. I just figured that since you were on the topic that a quick question would save me some search time.

George: Yah but can your valve springs hold up a car? :D

Stewart

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSMOKEM:
750 lb/in vs 440 lb-in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hehehehehehe.....my valvesprings are 409 lbs/in :D

Hey SSMOKEM, I seldom (like maybe never) hang out in the engine section of this forum. A couple of days ago I pop in to see if I can get some learn'n.
I find a post regarding springs and which are the better. I, of course, am thinking suspension springs and not valve springs. It was pretty amusing. I'm thinking..."wow, I didn't even know that company made springs!"

I shortly figured out the error of my ways. :D

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts