Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am once again an SS owner and I am setting up my 96 like I set up my 95, but I am thinking about going with the HO/ HA swaybars, stiff Bilsteins, and the stock springs. I had this setup + Eibach's on my 95 and it handled great, but I like the stock ride height on my 96. What kind of performance difference will I notice between the stock springs and the Eibach's?

Thanks,

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know they eibach makes lowering springs for the caprice, i dunno how low, but i have been trying to see if they lower it to stock height, while giving me a firmer spring. but i have not found out maybe someone know.

BTW i am about to set my car up the same way. which is a 96 and use stock springs as well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Eibach on and have a great ride, don't know if I got any performace differance eccept on the lanch. But I notice better cornering. Also have front and rear HA bars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you are looking for beter performance and keep the stock height, then go with Global West front springs and stock springs on the back, that should be the best to do for your ride, I would say to go with Hotchkis but they do lower your car about 1.5" on the front, Eiback spring are good but they are not consistent, some times they lower your car too much or like in my case they do not lower the car at all, that is the reason I'm going to replace them with Hotchkis, good luck and don't forget the Global West Springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SSmoothie what eibachs do you have on your Impala? the caprice version? or the impala version? in your sig the car look pretty much stock height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.