Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my sons to get our hair cut about every 3-5 weeks. For the past few months I have driven by this car for sale countless times and each time I drive by I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

I keep thinking all these wicked bad ass things I would do with this car.

-----

-----

-----

I am afraid to call the number.
I am afraid to find out they want like "$500 and just get it the hell off my property" please.
I am afraid Uncle Pauly is going to say "don't even THINK of bringing the piece of sh1t to Area 51 you dummy!" after I buy it and have nowhere to keep it.
I am afraid I am going to invent a reason why I need this pile of crap.
I am afraid to drive by there anymore.
I am afraid I can't stop thinking about this junkpile.

-----

It has no drivetrain, no interior that I could really see, the interior is filled with trashed bumpers and exterior trim, it has no glass (some of it was inside the car), and I'm sure would cost a ridiculous amount to restore/hot rod with my 10 thumbs approach.

But of course, my oldest son said "Dad, that car would be the coolest thing EVER!"

Please kill me now before I do something stupid...in other words...

TALK ME OUT OF IT!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
pic number 2, that thing looks fast just standing still.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I am afraid to call the number. You will
I am afraid to find out they want like "$500 and just get it the hell off my property" please. Or less
I am afraid Uncle Pauly is going to say "don't even THINK of bringing the piece of sh1t to Area 51 you dummy!" after I buy it and have nowhere to keep it. Does he drink? ;)
I am afraid I am going to invent a reason why I need this pile of crap. You already have!
I am afraid to drive by there anymore. You will
I am afraid I can't stop thinking about this junkpile. You wont!
But of course, my oldest son said "Dad, that car would be the coolest thing EVER!" He's right!

Please kill me now before I do something stupid...in other words...

TALK ME OUT OF IT!
How did I do?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think your screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Nice, and no that's not the Cobra car, but looks like it could be with a little choppin here and there. I think the cobra car was an old 50 something Merc...
I really loved the Cobretty car..lol

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Thanks for the phone number ;)

That'll be in my driveway by the end of the week :D

(I wish :()

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
"Dad, that car would be the coolest thing EVER!"
Eldest son of Kahuna is correct. That could be the coolest thing ever. After you've spent his and his brother's college funds on it, maybe you can let one of them drive it around the block once or twice.

Or you could take the minimalist "Rat Rod" approach. Unusual but cheap engine, suede paint (or none at all), no chrome...hells yeah!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I don't know what you are waiting for??? At least post up what you find out so one of us can buy it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Sorry man...buy it.

Sean

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Get it, and put an LS7 crate motor in it. Maybe even keep the patina look, total sleeper.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts