Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first turn my car, or just the stereo on, the sub makes a loud kicking noise, and then a few discreet kicking noises that are still audible for a few seconds until the music plays. if i turn my music off, the subwoofer hums to the tone of the engine idle which is very strange. ive checked the grounds, they could be better but theyve been like that through numerous subs and amps ive used throughout the years and the problem just began with my current set up ( 12" type R and a soundstream TRX700d). its so annoying and its driving me crazy. does anyone know what can be doing this???

thanks

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Maybe if you've recently upgraded to a more powerful amp (higher amp fuses) then the grounds are now not good enough.

·
Registered
444 Posts
when i first turn my car, or just the stereo on, the sub makes a loud kicking noise, and then a few discreet kicking noises that are still audible for a few seconds until the music plays. if i turn my music off, the subwoofer hums to the tone of the engine idle which is very strange. ive checked the grounds, they could be better but theyve been like that through numerous subs and amps ive used throughout the years and the problem just began with my current set up ( 12" type R and a soundstream TRX700d). its so annoying and its driving me crazy. does anyone know what can be doing this???

thanks
If you have another amp to hook it up and see if it still does it. If you still have the problem the RCa's are bad or you need a Ground loop Isolator. What brand of deck you running?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the deck is a pioneer avic N-3, amp is a soundstream TRX-700D. my first system was two alpine type R 12's and two kenwood 800 watt amps and i never had this problem. I even had a 12" kicker L5 on the same amp and wiring and never experienced this problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Engine and noise in sound

Well I would usually start off small with making sure the rca's and the power and ground wires arent ran together or wrapped around each other. Next would be to check my ground and make sure its completely ground to metal. An other would be switching the rca's around on the amp to see if it goes away and if it does then change your rca's and install a noise suppresor on the rca's going into the amp.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
check the ground for the amp. then rcas then remote wire is you battery dead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts