Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I can not get the front blinker/parking light to fit into the damn socket(the actual headlight part, not the corner lights)... It fits fine into stock headlight but I cant get this m-fer into the aftermarket light... I don't want to break or mess up the lights, what should I do...I know its aftermarket parts but damn this is very annoying...Been trying for the last 30minutes... Help before I smash these

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ok I can not get the front blinker/parking light to fit into the damn socket(the actual headlight part, not the corner lights)... It fits fine into stock headlight but I cant get this m-fer into the aftermarket light... I don't want to break or mess up the lights, what should I do...I know its aftermarket parts but damn this is very annoying...Been trying for the last 30minutes... Help before I smash these
do you have the tinted ones as i have in my sig? if so i had the same problem and i had to shave the socket down on the light. just a little. it took me about 45 min to do the 1st one and i got tired of wrestling with it. so i shaved it down a little, and it fit like a glove.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have the tinted ones as i have in my sig? if so i had the same problem and i had to shave the socket down on the light. just a little. it took me about 45 min to do the 1st one and i got tired of wrestling with it. so i shaved it down a little, and it fit like a glove.

Yup same ones....Thank you!! They fit right it after the shaving/grinding...New Hids I installed same time not working now cwm6 lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yup same ones....Thank you!! They fit right it after the shaving/grinding...New Hids I installed same time not working now cwm6 lol
yeah im having HID problems also. One of mine is turning blue. They were 5k 55w's.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
on the actual socket, you have to trim down one of the pieces that holds the bulb in place. do not trim them all just choose one and trim it until the socket slides in and out of the housing like stock.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah thats what I ended up having to do...They work just fine now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts