Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my streettrends carpet, pretty happy with how it came out. It's not a perfect fit in all places (particularly in the corners under the dash) but that may also be due to me having never installed a carpet before. I also got the matching floor mats with the logo embroidery. Pretty happy with how it came out, can't believe how much better my interior looks now.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Looking good bro

·
Registered
405 Posts
Big difference, looks really good.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great job! I will be doing that in the near future (wagon). Did anything out of the ordinary occur while doing this or is it pretty straight forward job?

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Vast improvement.

It's odd how GM gray carpet didn't hold up. I've known people who were fanatical about their 90's era cars and that gray still looked like ass after a few years. Dodge isn't much better. Ford looks ok...it just rots...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Installed my streettrends carpet, pretty happy with how it came out. It's not a perfect fit in all places (particularly in the corners under the dash) but that may also be due to me having never installed a carpet before. I also got the matching floor mats with the logo embroidery. Pretty happy with how it came out, can't believe how much better my interior looks now.
Looks good! I am doing mine in the next few weeks.

So how did the quality compare with the stock carpet? better/worse/same?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Nice job!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vast improvement.

It's odd how GM gray carpet didn't hold up. I've known people who were fanatical about their 90's era cars and that gray still looked like ass after a few years. Dodge isn't much better. Ford looks ok...it just rots...
Part of the reason my old carpet was as bad as it was because whoever repainted the car didn't reinstall the window seals properly and it leaked for a few years.

Great job! I will be doing that in the near future (wagon). Did anything out of the ordinary occur while doing this or is it pretty straight forward job?
Nothing particularly hard just have to remove most the interior. You need to cut holes for the seat bolts etc (preferably without cutting up the wire harness below :D ) and cut the edges of the carpet to fit. Never done it before but turned out ok. There are some vids on youtube which I looked at, good tip is to work from the middle to the outside (ie console first, then holes for seat, install seat, then cut outside edges last)

Looks good! I am doing mine in the next few weeks.

So how did the quality compare with the stock carpet? better/worse/same?
The actual feel is as good as a new carpet, it doesn't have the heavy rubber backing the stock carpet has though. It does come with the pressed-fiber type insulating pads installed though.

I got the #7715 color carpet, colorwise it's a great match.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
yeah definately dcm from factory, you should have por15'd(or w.e the stuff is called) the floor while the carpet was out

·
Registered
266 Posts
looks good!

i'm worried about my carpet being warped; it's been rolled up in the box since I got it shipped to me about 6 months ago.

*did you hafta hit it with a heat gun at all? Trim much?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Didn't heat it up at all. Once out of the box I placed it in the car and left it overnight, sort of sagged into place over the trans tunnel, then installed seats/consoles and cut it to fit the next day. It's not a perfect fit but from what I read normal heating/cooling should be sufficient to get the wrinkles out. Also I never installed a carpet before but I'm happy with the result, looks and smells brand new.

Car was a DCM at one point yes, some previous owner repainted it. I've contemplated painting it DCM again, kinda like the black though.

I treated the floor pan with paint/epoxy/body caulk as needed last year, held up fine.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks great man! I think I'm gonna go ahead and do mine too. I wanna do black though, how do you change the color of the carpet on the center console?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts