Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, guys i bought a couple of cans of aircraft stripper from pepboys. i stripped 95% of the clearcoat off of 2 rims. the back still has a little bit left to go. but on the front there are some stains or blemishes left on the bare aluminum. i tried using wheel cleaner but that did not help. any idea how to get rid of these blemishes? i want them to look perfect before i take them to get powdercoated clear. are these stains the result of salt and stuff from the massachusetts road getting under the crappy clearcoat for a while?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try waxing the spots. If that doesn't work the place you are taking the wheels might be able to help you with that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try using some Mother's aluminum/Chrome polish, comes in a liuttle red can at most auto parts stores.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I will do both, the mothers wax/polish and ask the powdercoat shop. I already tried Neverdull, but that didn't help at all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to know how this turns out. I bought a used rim from a guy that sold his SS and I'd like to make it look like new if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.