Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything. I know we don't have struts, so I guess it wouldn't be a strut tower brace (if that's even the correct name for it). When looking in my husband's engine bay, I noticed a brace from the passenger side to the driver side, sort of near the firewall end of the egine bay. My question is, would it do any good for my RM if I could retrofit one? Is there even anything sturdy enough to connect to or would it be apt to rip out during extreme stress?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Those braces you see are just for the body, and a strut tower type brace though some are sold for these car is purely cosmetic in this application. These cars have a full frame so they start more rigid than unibody cars(almost everything FWD and AWD) which can benifit from a strut tower brace.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a search for "engine bay brace"
, instead of strut tower brace. You will bring up some good info about the engine bay brace for our cars. They will not have any benifits on a full framed car like our B bodies, so the EB brace is just for looks really. Hope that helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it might actually be functional. I wouldn't want one for looks - it would just get in the way of other stuff (I'd think anyway). Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts