Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just became aware that my car has only 3 and 4 nuts per wheel i have a couple of broken studs, and i want to buy al 20
studs and nuts.

i need to know the type and diameters.

thanks

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
They are not that hard to replace, but if you have to ask the size and type, you should have a pro do it. A good mechanic is advised.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not planing on replacing them myself, the thing is i live in Dominican republic, and good parts are hard to find.... so what i want is to order the right (good quality and the right fit) ones and then have someone install them.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Hi i just became aware that my car has only 3 and 4 nuts per wheel i have a couple of broken studs, and i want to buy al 20
studs and nuts.

i need to know the type and diameters.
Studs are M12-1.5 thread

Dorman
610-254 (standard length)
12.73mm knurl diameter
41.5mm length
8mm shoulder

610-323 (1/2" longer)
12.67 knurl diameter
54mm length
7.5mm shoulder

OE wheel studs: GM 9590475 (front & rear)
M12-1.5
39.2mm length

There are many wheel nut choices, but if you want just a standard, open-end nut, Dorman 611-063 is the best choice in an OE equivalent part.

OE wheel nuts: GM 9594681 (alum wheel) or GM 9590477 (steel wheel)

im not planing on replacing them myself, the thing is i live in Dominican republic, and good parts are hard to find.... so what i want is to order the right (good quality and the right fit) ones and then have someone install them.
One thing to consider--if the front rotors are worn enough to warrant replacement, just get new replacement rotors--they have new studs already installed. The labor to change the wheel studs may be nearly as much as the cost of replacing the entire rotors--and the front rotors will be removed for stud replacement anyway! Just a thought.....

PS--what car, what wheels are we talking about?

Sounds like you could use someone stateside to help.....PM or e-mail me, I should be able to get you what you need.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Buy some new rotors.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts