Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my brakes squeak at every stop now...checked the pads they still got lots of life left in them...this is pretty embarrassing when coming and going from anything LOL any one know what i can do

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put caliper pin lube on the slide pins and outter pad backing. For the rears also use it on the contact points where the outter pad slides on the H-clip. A few guys here suggested that over the brake queit crap and they were right! It works awesome, only downside is that it's pretty expensive

Speaking of pad backings...which pads are you using and do they have a backing plate?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheap brake pads will squeek reguardless.. I found out the hard way. I would get some performance friction pads. NICE and quiet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
agreed with blingin.

Squeek could also be due to glazing on the rotors. Hit them with a little sandpaper and see if it goes away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are the pads it came with so i wouldnt know i will try the sandpaper one but i already greased everything

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PD probably thru cheapo's on there.
Install quality Pads.
Add all new Caliper Hardware also;
^Caliper ear O-Rings[2 large & 2 small~per side]
^Metal guide pin Sleeves~2 per side
^Inner pad Anti-Rattle Clips~1 per side

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the brakes sueaking isnt a good performance mod or a show mod lol if i cant figure it out soon im putting on new rotors calipers and pads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.