Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I luv this box from Ebay but, I wanted to know if there is any way to make ports in the box that I could vent through into back dash and still keep the speakers mounted in the same location?

Usually there's a vertical port between the speakers, however, I was thinking of one or two tubular ports through the top or side that could be passed through to the cabin in some way. I know it has to sound good though but, I'm no pro.

Any ideas taht you've seen before that work well? Pics would be great too. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-96-Caprice-Subwoofer-Sub-Box-Enclosure-2-12-9C1-/380152413968?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo=SIC&its=I&itu=UCI%2BIA%2BUA%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=250487779709&ps=54

·
Registered
158 Posts
short answer.. no

but anything is possible.. maybe external aeros ? id be a small ported box tho for 2 12"s

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're better off building a whole new box, trying to port a sealed box, ecspecially on the side or somewhere not the front just doesnt usually work out too good, also try and get a custom ported done and not order a prebuilt box because every subwoofer has different box specs that are ment for that specific model

1 - 3 of 3 Posts