Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these pics are from a 94 RM the exhaust shop is telling me it wont bolt straight up to my 91. the holes are different and one part looks like it might hit the floorboard. is this the right one? it was in th trunk so im just guessing it goes to that car
"]http://americandjsva.com/cars/DSC04925.JPG[/IMG][/url]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The '94+ dual exhaust crossmember will not bolt right up to a '91-3 car.

They will have to weld an extension onto the passenger side frame rail.

From what I remember, you will also need the tailshaft from a '94+ car.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alternatively, you can get one from Dan @ clear image automotive.

Thats what I have purchased. I have yet to install it on my 92.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That is what you have to weld on to make a 94-96 tranny crossmember bolt in. The driver's side is the same.

I used a piece of 1.125" square tubing and we drilled where the new crossmember lined up.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^^
what he did works.

I had my parts car when I did the swap. I cut the peice of frame off the car and welded it into my frame.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait a minute
so he's running the old output and no extension for the frame on pass side needed?
to me that's much easier than changing the output shaft and welding up an extension on the passanger side (not that I would go dual exhaust or anything)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what cars do i need to look at for a direct bolt up

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
talk to dan at clear image he sells dual exhaust tubuler crossmembers for a decent price that will bolt right up.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am running a 4L60E, so I have the later tailsnout.

The 94-95 snout works with the 91-93 transmissions, the speedo sensor hole is the same. In fact, the 91-93 snout was discontinued and replaced by the 94-95 one.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok... whats a tail snout? which engine is a 4L60E, and how did a speedometer sensor hole come into this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts