Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been installing for about 5 years now but when it comes to this im a little stuck because Ive never done it. Does putting subs in the rear deck (not free air) work? Is it still gonna be loud? I've heard both sides. I have 2 15s in a vented enclosure right now in my trunk, I want to scrap that and put like 4 10's or 12s in the rear deck. Where should I start? Any picures? Ideas? Thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it'd be louder since there isnt any metal or foam to try and travel through. the only thing that worries me about rear decks is the structrual ridigity. if you strenghten the rear deck as much as you cut out you shouldnt have any problems. the plus is that having anything in the car adds another 3db (if you use the same setup as the one that was in your trunk). as for pictures, this is the only one i saw with the subs out in the open. in the site there are guys that have them in the rear deck, but are covered up by some type of grill. http://www.webphotos.com/view_photo.asp?mi=3&smi=2&a=91365&p=2064946

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning to do the same, Impholla. Trying to move more air in the cabin and I'm thinking, having them mounted on the rear deck lid would do the trick. I only have 3-JL 10's but now thinking one 12 or using the existing 10's in the package tray. I'm assuming the encloser would take less space thus leaving room for a full size 20" spare.

Let us know how this goes.

E

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 4 10s on my deck lid.it was very easy to cut and build the box.i had the deck lid itself built.check it out on the car domain site on the trunk panels complete.they have a bd 1000 running all 4 its plenty loud for me.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shorty:
i have 4 10s on my deck lid.it was very easy to cut and build the box.i had the deck lid itself built.check it out on the car domain site on the trunk panels complete.they have a bd 1000 running all 4 its plenty loud for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DAMN i wish i could hear how that sounds, but you are aLONG way away from me..Question is out loud , like Sound loud, or loud like tingle your nose hairs, make your ears hurt loud?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its between your nose hairs and hurt your ears.i was really suprised when it was all done.i wanted to put 12s orig. but ended up with what you see.it might not be the volume you want but its very clean bass.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shorty,

Which Impala is yours on cardomain.com? :confused: There are 402 listed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts