Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 94 chevy caprice and I was wondering can anyone give me some info on what lowering springs to get because I wanna get some 24's but dont wanna be jacked up in the air all info is appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
bro if you have stock suspension you cant lower it without rubbing, depening on what tire you go with and the offset of the wheels 24s fill up the wheel well as it is no need to lower it if you really want to go low and still drive it bag itcwm1

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That's what I would do ss springs. Holla at rabbit, I think he had lowering springs on the 24s before he bag it. Sound like you wanta tuck em.

·
Registered
208 Posts
what is your off set? i had 2" lowering springs on my 96 impala with 24" x 10" 13mm off set. i had no problems, but needed to get extended lower controll arms for the rear to center the rims in the fender well. i think you will need to do the same on your car, and your rearend is 1 1/2 shorter than the impala ss so your wheels will sit in about 3/4 more than the impala.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Offset is gonna make it or break it. The rest is easy. You can use SS springs but that wouldnt be lowered per say. It will have you lower than you sitting right now but wont look lowered. It will just have minimal fender gap.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
what is your off set? i had 2" lowering springs on my 96 impala with 24" x 10" 13mm off set. i had no problems, but needed to get extended lower controll arms for the rear to center the rims in the fender well. i think you will need to do the same on your car, and your rearend is 1 1/2 shorter than the impala ss so your wheels will sit in about 3/4 more than the impala.
PM sent RABBIT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.