Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm taking out my old jbl gti 10's and i need a new sub! i have an old soundstream reference 3.0 for a sub amp(@300 watts 1 ohm mono). i'd like a small sealed box. any suggestions? who's got the best deals?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
image dynamics idq
edesign 11/13kv.2
alpine type r (Ive never heard one, but have "heard theyre a good one)
diyma 12" is a good effecient sub
memphis pr 10/12 should get decent off that much, but its not effecient, and with 300 watts, youll probably want some more output than it can offer
re audio.. dont think you have enough power for the big boys (just be a waste) but maybe an older set of re 8" would do well here

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
image dynamics
alpine type r's are really good like stated above
kicker comps are good starters
mtx audio's are also good(7500 series and up)others are crap.
rockford fosgate is also good(punch and power series)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
db drive
arc audio
RE audio
Fi audio
Thats the new bad boys, JL audio is all good, but way over priced!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by stills:
i'm taking out my old jbl gti 10's and i need a new sub! i have an old soundstream reference 3.0 for a sub amp(@300 watts 1 ohm mono). i'd like a small sealed box. any suggestions? who's got the best deals?
a good question is how much you want to spend

want a $50 woofer that handles 300 watts

want a $500 woofer that handles 300 watts

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets say @ three or four hundred bucks for the sub.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE
Image Dynamics
Memphis (Mojo 10" if you had some more power)
Focal 8"
JL -- but would be out of the price range and require a little more wattage

Then I'd also look at Adire Audio: http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/KodaSeries.htm

Their Brahma is a sweet sub -- I haven't heard much about the Koda line -- but being that they're rated at 300W it might be worth looking into

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the opinions guys!! right now i'm taking a hard look at the image dynamics. i haven't really looked at any stereo stuff in quite a few years, so somethings have changed. lots of new companies! last i saw ID they were an in house speaker company. has anyone tried a set of compression horns on a b-body? hmmmmm.
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products_page.php?id=cd1pro&type=horn

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you really be going for SPL with 300 watts?
I mean I have 600 going to my component sub - and I consider that leaning towards SQ.
I guess that's just personal preference on what's SQ/SP.
The subs I suggested are loud but tight -- good all around subs IMO -- I lean towards SQL though // I hate sloppy bass ;)

But seriously - can anyone put 300 watts to a sub and call it SPL? -- I don't know where the lines merge or if its all based on your front stage.. Thoughts?..

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by RHutchins:
Can you really be going for SPL with 300 watts?
I mean I have 600 going to my component sub - and I consider that leaning towards SQ.
I guess that's just personal preference on what's SQ/SP.
The subs I suggested are loud but tight -- good all around subs IMO -- I lean towards SQL though // I hate sloppy bass ;)

But seriously - can anyone put 300 watts to a sub and call it SPL? -- I don't know where the lines merge or if its all based on your front stage.. Thoughts?..
yes you can compete in spl with 30O watts
hatch catergory would be most effcient

0" - 18" hatch

1 10" sub with 300 watts in a hatch back

1 12" sub with 300 watts in a hatch back

not gonna hit 150 but you can play the game

anyway your not going for spl

if you want to spend 3-4 hundred on a sub

1 each t2 12" and run a power 500 @ 1 ohm

$400 for sub and $ 400 for amp

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
youve got 300 watts to work with right?

Look @ and image dynamics idq.. or an elemental designs 11ov.2 should fit the bill nicely.. alot of the reccomendations are for high power/lower effeciency subs.. theyll get loud as hell... but with a lot more power....

also check out the diyma 12".. supposed to be a great sq sub... and I think they're on sale right now.. (its diymobileaudio.net... I think)

You can order the diyma and the elemtntal sub online direct from the builders too... and both of them have excellent customer service.. and I know the ed subs have a 3 year warranty) Ive used both the diyma and a lot of ed stuff.. very happy with both... in my experience the diyma was more sq/efficiency andf the ed o series was more of an sql sub.. it seems that either would suit your application

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yes, the power issue...

Stereo Integrity BM then... That would be earsecks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts