Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Anyone use this Optispark:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850060/

How does it compare to all he other brands. Is the price good? Also I am looking for a shop or forum member in Los Angeles that wants to work on this car for me.
Contact Summit and verify the manufacture of the optical sensor. If Mitsubishi, it's probably a good item that they're stamping their own name and parts (housing, cap/rotor, etc... via economies of scale) on to profit off of vs. the OEM unit. If not Mitsubishi, be very particular and dogged about asking who's making it, what upper RPM it's rated at and what assurances come w/ it. Many lesser OS's have emerged in recent years which can't handle the same RPM's the Mitsubishi unit can and soon thereafter fail.

Hope it is Mitsubishi. Summit could become a decent go to opti source if they don't cheap out on the quality of the parts.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought one of these. the sensor inside does NOT have the Mitsubishi logo on it. mine doesn't at least.:(

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wonder who makes the optical sensor that is in the NAPA brand Optispark? That's the one i replaced mine with a few months ago...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts