Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to announce I am now an authorized distributor for Sun Coast Creations.

As an introductory special I am offering the following:

$775.00 per hood. If I get 10 orders I can also offer free shipping to Seattle, WA for customer pick-up. Otherwise shipping is $170.00 per hood.

Let me know if interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want the first one for my "New" car- :D KACHING $$$$$$$ Here we go again----

Here's the one on my wagon - BTW In case you are unfamiliar with these hoods the RAM AIR is functional and does work with the RAISS and SSRI systems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by DEVIL.DOG:
I'm happy to announce I am now an authorized distributor for Sun Coast Creations.

$775.00 per hood. If I get 10 orders I can also offer free shipping to Seattle, WA for customer pick-up. Otherwise shipping is $170.00 per hood.

I'll buy one if you can make it fit on my Roadmaster...

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure it will fit the sedan. How much difference is there in the size of the RM sedan hood and that of a Caprice- Impala - RM wagon?

I know that the Caprice/Impala/Old and RM wagons are interchangeable but I thought the RM sedan had something weird about it's hood....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by 92n95RoadMonsterWagons:
I'm not sure it will fit the sedan. How much difference is there in the size of the RM sedan hood and that of a Caprice- Impala - RM wagon?

I know that the Caprice/Impala/Old and RM wagons are interchangeable but I thought the RM sedan had something weird about it's hood....
yeah it doesn't fit the sedan :( I believe the front of the hood is shaped a lot different on the sedan, compared to the wagon/caprice/impala.

So it looks like in the end, I'll have to have a custom hood made :(

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I would like to get one of these hoods but I am curious as to why shipping is so high? They are on ebay for $895 with $95 shipping. This equals the same as your $775 per hood with $170 shipping. I am not trying to cause any trouble just curious.

Thanks
Dennis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Oly21:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DEVIL.DOG:

I would like to get one of these hoods but I am curious as to why shipping is so high? They are on ebay for $895 with $95 shipping. This equals the same as your $775 per hood with $170 shipping. I am not trying to cause any trouble just curious.

Thanks
Dennis
</font>[/QUOTE]ditto, I might be interested in this GP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by 92n95RoadMonsterWagons:

Here's the one on my wagon - BTW In case you are unfamiliar with these hoods the RAM AIR is functional and does work with the RAISS and SSRI systems.

Interesting, didn't know it worked with the RAISS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The airbox is available. I'll check with SunCoast for pricing.

The RAISS and SSRI (which i sell) also work with the hood and will do a better job than the SUnCoast set-up.

As far as shipping, that is the price SunCoast quoted me. I have no idea why there is such a difference from the Ebay price. But consider that SunCoast and the Ebay hood both come from the same city... There might be something to that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had it on my 92RMWagon with a RAISS there's quite a few of them on the forum with the RAISS in fact.

When we did the last GP on SunCoast hoods in 03 the shipping cost to us each for 10 hoods was $150.00 per hood.

Maybe you could check into what your cost of shipping would be from your zip to Dan's and just have it picked up by the trucking company you choose from Dan's shop in Seattle and sent to your own destination. Might be cheaper that way with your own trucking and insurance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi,

How much to have it shipped to a business address in Ontario, Canada (Niagara Falls Area)?

Also, did you get a price on the suncoast air intake setup?

Thanx, Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The airbox is available. I'll check with SunCoast for pricing.

The RAISS and SSRI (which i sell) also work with the hood and will do a better job than the SUnCoast set-up.

As far as shipping, that is the price SunCoast quoted me. I have no idea why there is such a difference from the Ebay price. But consider that SunCoast and the Ebay hood both come from the same city... There might be something to that.
Suncoast is selling them direct to the public.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Mike,

Its unusual to have the same shipping price to Canada...? Most other vendors tack on an extra $40.

Thanx on the SSRI info, can you tell me your two cents on why its better. I asked Suncoast for a diagram on how their airbox works so I can compare.

Thank You
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for the delay. I'v been running around lately. I will call them tomorrow and get a price on the airbox. Just a note on the SSRI. Back when Darryl Lum introduced the SSRI, there was some tesing done between the SSRI, Rammit and SunCoact hood with airbox, though they all performed extrememly well and very close in performance to one another, the highest flow reported by Darryl, was the SunCoast hood with the SSRI. I never saw the testing results myself so this info is only being passed along from what I remember reading.
Mike, I figured they were selling direct via Ebay. Usually a manufacturer sells for more than their vendors, not less. Pretty unusual and not the best policy for the industry as a whole.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.