Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a 1994 9c1 and I was wondering if GM made a sun visor from newer model that would plug into the existing visor positons with little or no need for modification?

If so, did GM make any of them in black?

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I can't think of an exact swap, but the ones from an SS or a Roadmaster will have lights, the 9C1 doesnt. Not sure if it would swap or look right, but I always liked the ones in my dads 95 Blazer, it had two visors on each side so you could cover front and side.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Good question! I'd like one with the 'slide out' so you can cover the rearward portion of the window. That always ticked me off.

-Mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
The Roadmaster visors are available with lights on both sides. The Fleetwood visors have dimmable lights, but at least in the tan color they don't match the Caprice/Roadmaster tan from the same year. To convert to the lighted visors you will have to run an always hot wire to each visor(on 9C1's there is already one going to the ticket light and on civi Caprice/Impala SS its available at the rear coathook lights, should be the orange wire. - Peter

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Good tip on the Fleetwood visors. I'll have to check them out next time I'm at the yard. I think they have one with blue guts... The Blazer ones are worth a shot too. Lots of newer GM cars have that style. Time for some investigation...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts