Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine went out and I have been all over town looking for one. The part stores cant even come up with one existing.cwm6 Has any one else had this happen and know where to find one?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I hope you got it inside or were able to get it closed for now. I was gonna say check rockauto but i didn't see it listed there. Was also going to say check the Cadillac Forum but looks like you posted there already :) Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankfully I was able to get it closed! lol and yeah its not listed anywhere online for some reason.

@jayoldschool can you take a look at yours please and see if it looks like the one in my picture. If so how much would you want for it? Im not positive if my sunroof is factory installed or not.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just run your VIN on compnine and let me know if yours is factory.
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=...23064&x=39&y=5

I ran the vin but it doesnt say sunroof although a few of the codes say unknown. The car has every single option you could get from the factory though so I dont see why it wouldnt have had it factory installed. The two codes that are unknown are VM3 and V4S. Could you check and see if your cars vin says anything about a sunroof?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Is your car a broughm? There's 2 ways to tell if its factory or not. If its a broughm and still has the rear vanity mirrors its aftermarket. Also, the switch on the aftermarket one is flat, the factory one sticks up (or down?). I know this applies to 96, 94 should be similar.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
The way to tell if it is factory is to look for the RPO CF5 on the SPID. Also, you have it backwards: rear vanity mirrors means it's NOT factory.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car does indeed have rear vanity mirrors so it is aftermarket. Iv'e been to every part store and even a few custom shops and they have never seen one like it fml. Is is possible to change the motor to a different setup?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Maybe check with the manufacturer of the sun roof. The tag is visible with the glass slid back, its on the front inside the frame of the window. If you can't get to it LMK and I'll check mine.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe check with the manufacturer of the sun roof. The tag is visible with the glass slid back, its on the front inside the frame of the window. If you can't get to it LMK and I'll check mine.
The glass is so hot from the sun its burning my hands when I touch it lol. When it cools off I will put up a piture of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts