Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

SunRoofs. are there any more?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  96 Black 
#1 ·
Yesterday pick up a 92 Caprice LMZ 305 Car. This car has a factory type sunroof. I looked thought the web pictures last night My count was Zero.
That included RoadMasters & FleetWoods... Just joined this site I'll post a pic when I get some and figure out how to post

#3 ·
Appears you have a steel roof, which used different style/type trim/seal than vinyl in some cases. Chev and other divisions may have (and likely did) use different aftermarket firms and brands for their upfitting. Webasto is a common name of that era, and one or more other potential names have been bought up by others and/or had their name changed. I have (IIRC) a Webasto on my vinyl FWB, and it is apparently 150% impossible to find a new felt seal. It makes enough windnoise even with Fattmat, and another pad of mass-loaded vinyl that I'm just going to neatly silicone it shut and pull the fuse. At least then I might find it possible to open the lid for some (quiet) sunshine.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info...
Right now it appears not to leak...( rain water) Wind noise well that will be a found out later.. Got to see whats really wrong with the motor.. I see a bit of oil in water. And been sitting for 5-6 years. It was only 100 buck beater. Worse case throw anther motor in.

#5 ·
Just change the oil before any attempt to turn over. Be sure to fill the filter before screwing in. As soon as you get a good charged batt then turn on key with someone near rear to make sure fuel pump is whirring. I'd get a tube and suck all the fuel out. At least 3- 5-gallon gas fresh to start. Shoot some ether in to nudge it to starting quicker to build oil pressure.

And change the antifreeze before anything. It corrodes just setting, and it's supposed to be done every 4-6 years anyway, so double overdo. Your $100 beater could be a $2,000 jewel waiting to be saved if treated smart and a few bucks periodic maint. respect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.