Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a vid monitor in a B-bod sun visor? Mama wants to be able to watch her General Hospital tapes while on the road and I don't want it interfering with my driving :cool:

I've seen generic replacement visors but they look jake. Hoping someone has done this, pics? Brands? Sizes?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there's a guy from the HERD that has a set-up like that, but I don't know his name, his install is very clean. his screen fits right where the mirror goes

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be wrong, but I think SouthernComfort has them. Maybe he can help.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was mistaken about Southern Comfort. He has a screen everywhere except the visors
Speaking of eBay - I know I've seen somewhere on eBay that you send them your visor, they mount the screen and send it back. I have no clue about the quality though. If I were you, I'd check the local install shops and see what they recommend.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for all the input both here and via email. General concenses is that it's best left up to a pro but only one that has pictures of his previous jobs. Easy to do a bad job on this.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW...here's the thing I was originally talking about..

It went for 280 clams.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here some links I found related:

I like the one you found on Ebay better.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the original auction number I think, 1379643946. Here's the website they sent me to for dimensions http://www.digitalww.com/lcdW.htm . I have since found them considerably cheaper on ebay. Click on the "customer install" pix though, http://www.digitalww.com/lcdW_install1.htm I thought these looked really cheesy...dunno, the more I look at them the more I like have an upholstery shop put one in the existing visor.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The best prices I have found are on Ebay. I also believe that a project like this is better left to someone who has done it before, that is unless you have the cash to buy a few more sun visors.

I am going to get the monitors on off Ebay. You can get a 5" monitor for around $100 with the clamshell for easy installation. If you can't install it yourself, head to your local upholstery shop and they should be able to slam them into your headrest's or sun visors for no more than an hours work, or around $50.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does any one know how to install one of these, easily?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know this is an old thread, but I recently installed a sunvisor monitor and thought I would give some feedback. I got an Emerson 5" screen, and it was a breeze to install. Our sunvisors are set up perfect to put in a screen. You already have the cutout (if you have vanity mirrors), and you if you have lighted vanity mirror, then your power source is right there. I used the positive from the lights, and grounded it under one of the visor mounting screws. I ran the wires through the mounting post so no wires are showing, and I just used velcro to mount it (easy to remove it if I want to). Then, just run the video RCA down the A pillar and you're set! Easy as pie. To anyone who wants to put a screen in their visor - do it yourself - don't pay someone else for something that is so easy to do yourself. If anybody wants me to post or email pics, just email or PM me.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
grumpy I have that built in 7" screen but have not installed it yet. It isn't a bolt on I will have to do some mods frist.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts