Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Unless someone changed the 5 to a 6. It's pretty easy to do. Run the VIN.

·
Registered
196 Posts
They did build into December at Arlington, just not sure what B-body was last. I do know that my SS was built on December 9, 1996.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
They built Impalas until December. As far as I know they only built Impalas,not Buicks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure, and I'm no guru... but on Wikipedia(not that it's the be-all-end-all), they show that the last Roadie was built on Dec. 13th, 1996 as Allan said... can't find anything to back that up... or any good info anywhere else though...... May be true, may not... maybe a current/ex-GM Arlington plant employee will chime in with some recollection.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I don't know when the last one was made, but on a related note, I do remember a local craigslist listing that claimed to be the last 96 Roady sedan built. It said it was from a local museum collection, but I don't recall what the name was (it was not the GM Heritage center). I think they were asking 15K for it and it had 600 miles or somewhere around there. Not sure if it was legit, but I did save the ad photos. Doesn't look all that special lol.

I have heard somewhere that most of the last roadies built were white since it was easy to get rid of the interior stock that way. Pretty much any color interior will go with white. Not sure where I heard it or if there is any truth to that either...

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
They built Impalas until December. As far as I know they only built Impalas,not Buicks.
They built 9c1's and civilian Caprices as well, not just Impalas(Caprices with the WX3 package) and I am pretty sure Buicks as well. There used to be a photo around here somewhere of a production line in Nov/Dec and IIRC there were Buicks mixed in with the others. IIRC, the last 2 cars off the line were nondescript white Civvie Caprices with L99's. Someone else may have a clearer memory about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts