Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to "Update" the spoiler on our Impala. The project car we have in the garage currently just came back from the body shop with the spoiler from Super Sport Studios installed.

I will say the installation/paint/fitment is on the high end, but overall I am sooo happy with how it came out. Check out my full story and review here, let me know what you think. Any questions I try to answer in my video, but if you have anything else let me know... Thanks!

-JT

http://www.hoagiegarage.com/products/2015/7/18/super-sport-studios-impala-ss-extended-spoiler

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice video and spoiler. Everything's expensive when done right. I call mine the "Impala-Ho" because it's a bottomless pit for expendable income and always seems to want more. I have their front chin air dam and am pleased with fitment once I fabricated bracket mounts for it. Do you have any video for opti/waterpump install? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heads up Impala SS customizers.

Hi guys, first off, examplory installation of the spoiler.
Some folks don't realize aftermarket parts are not " bolt on" installation by nature.
Small production volume precludes aft.mrk. parts builder from tooling up for mass produced like quality items.
Each needs attention by the installer.

The reason I'm posting here is however - a WARNING.
Super Sport Studios is not a shop or company you can trust.
I know it first hand.

The boys bought Impala SS molds from me few months back for $2000.
I was just too sick to have any energy to continue my work, so they got lucky.
In the following months, namely June 2015 I gave them my SSR molds.
No down payment, just take them and keep biuilding parts i had designed in the last 10 years.
Split profit after expences.
Well, did they screw this up or what.
July 2015 - one month after they took SSR molds, all but $75 worth of parts they sold to SSR owners were returned. We are talking $2000 worth.
SuperSportStudios is really three kids who never touched any tools
let alone design or build anything.
Their F/G guy was making bad quality parts and naturally customers sent them back. Since I'm the original designer of all the parts
people turned to me for help.
But I could not get through to these kids.
More over,later orders, about $1300 worth they neved shipped out.
Nothing. Took the $$$ and sweet talked to customers for 30 days.
Now they shut down the PayPal account to avoid '' items not shipped" disputes.
i know this because again, the customers who contacted me.
As a result I took all SSR molds back - many damaged by the kids.
On one hand I appreciate yet another customer who installed my SC with great results.
On the other - I must tell you guys what I know.
Proceed with caution when you decide to deal with SuperSportStudios.
Likely I have copyrighted SSR items and still have my website zzrstudio.com under control. Impala SS parts are in SSS hands though.
Unfortunatley on top of being unable to deliver quality parts, SSS kids now play little internet games. I have documented dosens of attemps on their part to break into my e-mail account, they managed even send an e-mail to my girfriend, which IMO is beyond any business or $$$ dispute handling ethics.
Their IP addresess are recorded and anothorized activity is investigated as we speak.
As SSR customers come out and speak about this I will keep Impala SS folks posted.
George
ZZR
see my work here:
zzrstudio.com

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Hi guys, first off, examplory installation of the spoiler.
Some folks don't realize aftermarket parts are not " bolt on" installation by nature.
Small production volume precludes aft.mrk. parts builder from tooling up for mass produced like quality items.
Each needs attention by the installer.

The reason I'm posting here is however - a WARNING.
Super Sport Studios is not a shop or company you can trust.
I know it first hand.

The boys bought Impala SS molds from me few months back for $2000.
I was just too sick to have any energy to continue my work, so they got lucky.
In the following months, namely June 2015 I gave them my SSR molds.
No down payment, just take them and keep biuilding parts i had designed in the last 10 years.
Split profit after expences.
Well, did they screw this up or what.
July 2015 - one month after they took SSR molds, all but $75 worth of parts they sold to SSR owners were returned. We are talking $2000 worth.
SuperSportStudios is really three kids who never touched any tools
let alone design or build anything.
Their F/G guy was making bad quality parts and naturally customers sent them back. Since I'm the original designer of all the parts
people turned to me for help.
But I could not get through to these kids.
More over,later orders, about $1300 worth they neved shipped out.
Nothing. Took the $$$ and sweet talked to customers for 30 days.
Now they shut down the PayPal account to avoid '' items not shipped" disputes.
i know this because again, the customers who contacted me.
As a result I took all SSR molds back - many damaged by the kids.
On one hand I appreciate yet another customer who installed my SC with great results.
On the other - I must tell you guys what I know.
Proceed with caution when you decide to deal with SuperSportStudios.
Likely I have copyrighted SSR items and still have my website zzrstudio.com under control. Impala SS parts are in SSS hands though.
Unfortunatley on top of being unable to deliver quality parts, SSS kids now play little internet games. I have documented dosens of attemps on their part to break into my e-mail account, they managed even send an e-mail to my girfriend, which IMO is beyond any business or $$$ dispute handling ethics.
Their IP addresess are recorded and anothorized activity is investigated as we speak.
As SSR customers come out and speak about this I will keep Impala SS folks posted.
George
ZZR
see my work here:
zzrstudio.com
George, I have to say you sound like a man with "Integrity". I just HAD to take a few minutes to respond to your post. I have never bought from you before but am well aware of your Products and I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share these details with us.

It's a shame that "kids" have taken the Business that you started and totally ruined it. When I first saw the Business sale months ago, I thought "thats cool, someone else is trying to continue on with parts for our old cars". But to do what they did to the business and trying to hack into other things you owned is not cool, ethical or legal. Typical punk kids in todays society trying to take shortcuts to get what "they" want and not work for it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your turmoil with those punk shysters, and about health issues wearing you down. Sounds like you were a little too trusting of your fellow man/kids. Lots a people will take the easiest way possible to get money and maintain a lifestyle of "play time", even if someone's getting screwed in the process. It's the way of the world. Screw thy neighbor. On the other hand, back in the day, you sold me some quality pieces which are still part of my SS. Your work and delivery were fine. Your integrity speaks through your work and actions. That's all any of us really own at the end of the day. This business issue too shall pass. Don't let it make you a bitter person. Thanks for posting the heads up.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
parts

I have had the chance to work with George on a custom one-off version of the extended spoiler.It looks amazing and my body man said he never seen aftermarket parts fit so well.
I have Georges emblems and had them dipped to look like carbon fiber along with his gauge overlay.Again the dip guy said that the quality of his emblems was excellent.
It.is a shame that these guys in no time can ruin something someone took years to build.George I hope u feel better and know that we here appreciate all u have done for our impalas.
Stay well George.
Paul.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I only bought the front air dam from sss and it turned out great. it is sad to hear that this is going on. I did buy my spoiler from george, just in time, before you sold everything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very, very interesting. My interactions with the company began back in April and they offered me this spoiler or a carbon fiber spoiler for the Impala. Once the carbon fiber details were being discussed, they pretty much just said they could only do fiberglass.

Just curious if you would consider my spoiler, the one that is installed, one of the "bad ones" you speak of.

I appreciate your time in posting and would like a response from SuperSport now.... Just to hear them out.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Most of this is not the truth.

We do admit we had issues with fiberglass toward the end and relayed this information the last customers you claim we took money from

1. We did not ship parts due to our fiberglass issues which we told you and the customers, and offered a refund to customers as we did not know when we would be able to fulfill the order, Per your instructions you said to keep the money and wire the funds to you. Then you go around and tell a customer you did not get any money from us and for him to file a complaint through Paypal. We talked to customer and customer had told us of this.

We never stole any money and always offered a refund first and you insisted not to give them a refund.

2. Closed Paypal cause it was under MY name, and you tried to access MY Paypal credit which we agreed it would be a shared email from the start. (Thus the email attempts to not let you do this).

3. We did not take any money. Maybe you can tell them how you turned in the U haul (we paid for) without any gas and left a mess in it. and WE had to pay for the fees. Once again under MY name.

George was nice and friendly at the beginning. We offered the best solution to us at the time.

If you need more proof i can provide the emails exchange.

There's always multiple sides to a story.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if George from zzr is still make parts. I heard he was having health issues. I'm in the market for an air dam and the round gauge overlay.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Very, very interesting. My interactions with the company began back in April and they offered me this spoiler or a carbon fiber spoiler for the Impala. Once the carbon fiber details were being discussed, they pretty much just said they could only do fiberglass.

Just curious if you would consider my spoiler, the one that is installed, one of the "bad ones" you speak of.

I appreciate your time in posting and would like a response from SuperSport now.... Just to hear them out.
Nobody is making them. Ive got in contact with simpson and tried purchasing the molds with no luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts