Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is just a little under 25" in the front measured to the bottom of the molding at the wheel opening and about 25.5" in the back. (I let the air out of my Air Lifts in the back to make sure that they didn't effect the readings. I realize that body-to-frame differences as in rotten bushing or different bushings could make a slight difference when measuring this way. My body-to-frame bushings are still stock with 116k miles.)
Are my measurements typical for these springs? I am scraping much more than I would like to and the 3 front deflectors have a very short life expectancy. I added new ones not too long ago and there are no survivors. I will probably put a set through a table saw to increase clearance.
Thanks!
Tim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine are not that low. I also don't have ANY scraping issues (except maybe tailpipes, although that is flowmaster's fault). Did you install shocks with the springs? Did you install the isolators?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I installed shocks (Koni) and the isolators.
Do you know how high yours measures?
Thanks,
Tim

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RPO-B4Z! What size tires do you have?
Tim

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want my caprice lowered to the same height as a SS impala. So if I went with the hotchkis spring what would the front be and what would the rear be in inches I guess. I really don't know how I would go about picking out the springs

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maniac:
I want my caprice lowered to the same height as a SS impala. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then all you would need are some springs out of an SS.

E

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BackInBlack,
Those measurements are with stock Impy wheels and tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts