Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, say I get lower BMR's and extend them to the length I need. This will be about 2"+ more than stock. Then I will extend the top BMR's to the length I need to keep a good pinion angle at ride height.

Now heres my question. I'm trying to get about 10" of adjustability. If the ride height is just about in the middle of that 10", will the pinion angle be safe enough to drive all the way up and down also? Or is it gonna be too steep of an angle? Lemme know any suggestions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
from what i have read before i think it will be safe, as long as you do most of your driving at the height that your pinion angle it set to i think you will be alright. and it your doing burnouts and being hard on the axel you would want it at that height.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure you'll be ok. But if you want to double check.
Jack the car up, put the jackstands under the rearend of the car (on the axle tubes). Adjust the suspension to the "normal" driving height that the pinion angle was set, crawl under and take a look at how things look. Now lower it and raise it up, checking to see if anything binds. Kick the car into N and spin the rear tires, if there's any major bind you should be able to feel or see it doing this.

Might be a lot of work, but sometimes thats the price you pay for piece of mind. Good luck, be sure to get some pix for us when your done :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks guys. I'll check everything before it "Rolls out"! I am not even starting until mid july probably. Just pre-planning now. I'll show progress pics and everything while I'm doing it. I can't wait to start cutting it up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.