Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY got my suspension sorted out on the Roadmonster. Bilstein 1109/0929 shocks, new Moog HD idler arm, Hotchkis upper trailing arms, '96 Impala SS lower trailing arms, Hotchkis front & rear sway bars. Car handles GREAT now. Night and day difference. This coupled with the 3.42 posi and custom PCM programming by LJ Mendoza, she really MOVES! Can't wait until my new tires come in and I get the Impala SS wheels back on the car!

Special thanks to Cal at Royal Oak Transmission, Chris Kwiat, Jake Burghoffer and LJ Mendoza for helping be out with all this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cool.
Once I pay off the car, I'm hoping to do something similar to what you did.

New springs, shocks, swaybars, control arms, stearing rods, etc.

Thats what hear from every one that has done a complete suspension upgrade. That the differense is like night and day. But my I ask why you used 96 Impala LCA's? Why not something beefier like, Metcos or Hotchkis or BMR LCA's....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$$$. I want a set of Hotchkis, but am waiting for a blem set or a set someone bought and did not install. Tough to swallow the $286 for the Hotchkis when the '96 SS arms are $30 at the dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What SPRINGS are you using on your wagon??

I'm currently waiting for my BMR Lower Rear Bar's, so I can mount my Hotchkis Rear sway bar.

Currently have the "F" Body front bar, Bilstien shocks, Impala springs, fronts cut 1/2 coil, and NOT happy with the Impala springs in the back. The wagon is TOO Heavy for them.

Thanks
Gene

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest, I'm not totally sure. The previous owner put the rear springs in, and they appear to be a HD wagon spring. The receipt I have for them is from a Parts Plus store, and the description is "Coil Springs - GM", with a part number of MOG/CC623. I assumer they are Moog springs, judging by the part number.

Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many wagoneers prefer the rear springs be replaced with the Heavy Duty (HD) springs for a 1967-1972 Chevy half ton pick-up. I understand they are available from JC Whitney, but I've not yet completed this mod myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keith, after driving your Roadmonster I really wish I had a LT1 in my 92CC, but I'll have to live with the 350 tbi. And I must and will do the sway bars, what a MAJOR improvement, couldn't beleive the difference from mine. On the to do list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.