Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time for me to put some money into the suspension. Here's what I know:

1. I'm going to be grabbing the new PPM Superior Front End Rebuild kit from member So FaSSt.
2. I already have a set of new Monroe Severe Service shocks in, with a used set of Impala springs. I might want to lower it a bit though, because all my noises started with the springs.

Right now I have some very noisy front suspension, including random sqealing, groaning, popping, creaking, and all that great stuff.

Would you all recommend installing an aftermarket sway bar and/or maybe ZQ8 bumpstops?Also, should I rebuild the rear suspension at the same time?
Sorry, I don't know much about suspension, so any help is appreciated.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The ZQ8 bumpstops are really an amazing cheap mod. They're a "why not" type of thing, I just put mine on and the difference is really startling. I have stock springs and shocks with a few miles on them though. I think most people would agree that an aftermarket sway bar is a great upgrade. It depends what you're driving style and budget are. 12 bucks for a used f body to 250 for a HO bar, just depends what you're looking for. If you've got the superior front end kit, you should have sway bar bushings, why keep the stock bar? As for the rear end, that's another "how much do you want to spend" Sure, it's nice to have everything done at once, but it sure is expensive. However, doing a front sway bar without upgrading the rear end is not advisable.
That said, try out the search on sway bars, and ZQ8.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts