Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, there brothers dose anyone have any parts numbers for some Front Shocks and Springs and rear if possible?
Thinking about going Monroe! Or the Koni looks nice as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Shawn. You'll find that it is much more informative and the knowledge is much better organized than any Facebook group, mostly because it was set up for this purpose and it's been around a long time. I am still amazed by how much the people still here know, because they've been working with these cars for 25 years.
Most questions have been answered in the past, generally more than once. The Search Function is where you should always start for stuff like this, or just scroll through the many threads in the Suspension section. Shocks and springs have been discussed many (many) times. Part numbers at any retailer, including rockauto.com, which always has a discount code for us in the Vendor Member section on the forum.

For what it's worth, the Bilstein B6 series shocks are preferred by many, although they are expensive. Not worth spending that money though, unless the rest of your suspension is re-done as well.

Okay, I went and looked at your info. Your car has 190,000 miles on it, and I'm guessing that the suspension and steering parts look like they're still original? (control arms, balljoints, tie rods, idler arm, center link)

If the seller didn't give any receipts for new parts, assume they're all original and need to be thrown away and replaced, along with the shocks. If those giant rims have been on the car for awhile, then the old control arms and balljoints have taken a real beating anyway.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good morning, and thanks for the useful information that helped a lot. And yes to answer your question most of the parts are all original no receipt for Suspension work came with the car! What did come with the car which I thought was pretty cool, was the original Chevy manual, as well as a pair of Chevy dealership keys which I can send you a picture of if your interested. My plan is to do a full front end kit! Especially after I do the motor with either an LS swap or a beefed up LT1. But for now I think the Shocks and Springs are Shot and could use a replacement ASAP!

Thanks Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts