Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my left front tire come off my 94ss(due to dumbass shop not tighting my wire wheel knockoff enogh). the suspension on the left side was damaged. I took it to the body shop that the insurance recommended. they only repaired the suspension on that side. now Im not a mechanicle wizard, but when dealing with suspension, brakes ect., don't you have to do both sides? having 1 side and 1 old won't they perform differently? other shops that did my estimate planned for both sides. I just assumed this shop would. oh yeah the dumbass shop was SOLANO AUTO COLISION CTR, in vallejo,ca. they just built this huge brand new shop and they suck. the estimator jimmy said he drove a 95 camero, but then he does this. (probably lying to be cool, he probably drives a daewo).So I cussed out my insurance adjuster and told her I'm taking it to another shop and they better pay for it.(doesn't matter they stiil have to sue the rim shop for compensation)tires4less in sacramento suck the fat one. I just wanted some words of wisdom from you guys who know these cars in and out. (I'm still learning)thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm no expert, but I think all you need to be concerned with is that they actually replaced any damaged parts and that they gave you a good alignment. As long as the parts on the "undisturbed" side were not completely worn or somehow damaged, you should be good to go. I do understand what you mean about shops that "claim" to have it together.......that just sucks when you find that they don't. Good luck on your situation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so here's the list of replacements on the left side.
20" rim and spinner
hub and disk brake assembly
brake plate
bearings
shock ubsorber
caliper
seals
shock bolts
seals
bushings
brg wheel inner
brg wheel outer
wheel allignment
car now sits way higher on drivers side. when I brake car now pulls to the right. the insurance adjuster called today. he agrees with what I've stated, so that's cool. he wants me to get the dealership to give me something in writing since they recomend changing both sides. but like I said most of the reputable shops I called would recomend changing both side for "reliable performance" as they put it. they say it's a safety issue. plus it looks UGLY. gotta keep my car in the garage. looks like your car would sit if you had a crapy doughnut on it. what kind of shop would let a vehicle leave their shop like that. doesn't promote good service or excellent workmanship. if I owned a shop every car would have to look excellent and washed and detailed before leaving my shop. gotta represent with some pride. half assed jobs look like earl shreib or renegade bodymen. besides wouldn't the parts come in a set or kit that did both sides? plus they are the insurance's shop they don't question as much an unauthorized shop. also found out they don't have a mechanic, they had to send it out to another shop. losers. thanks for the responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.