Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know why there's a need to change the suspension if we already have nice suspensions in our cars already.Can anyone explain this to me?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some do it because they want a firmer ride, others do it because they like the look of it lower, others want to race their cars at the track...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always wanted to know why the ride was'nt as firm as other cars so who makes a good suspension that will give me a more firmer ride?I always hear about hotchkis but i'm not for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Chevy Impala Crazy:
I was wanting to know why there's a need to change the suspension if we already have nice suspensions in our cars already.Can anyone explain this to me?
Because after 11-16 years and 150k+ miles, sh1t tends to wear out.

There's nothing special about B-body suspension. It's 1960s technology. Impala/9C1s have stiffer springs and shocks. That's about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In most cases I replace stuff as it breaks. That was how I did the complete front suspension. I replaced the rear in order to be able to put 11" wide wheels out back without tubbing or hitting the frame. Now she handles really well but is a good amount stiffer then stock. The only thing stock anymore are the upper and lower A-arms out front. The tubular ones were not out yet when I did the tear down. I rode in my friend's '96 last week and I could not believe how soft it felt. His even has stiffer than stock bilsteins in it. I kinda missed it on those long drives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.