Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I drive on the street, and drag race on the weekends, instead of yanking the sway bar every weekend, what will happen if i leave it off, i do enjoy corners while road driving, but i am not road racing by any means. Any thought as to weather i should keep it off, or just take it off at the track, and then re-install??? Or is it really not changing that much by taking it off at the track?? my 60 foot times improved from a 2.21 with, and then from 2.18 down to 2.12 without?? Is that a measurable difference?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just went this weekend, on Drag Radials, and got a 1.83 60' with HO bars all around.
On street tires the best I got was a 2.04, I didnt take them off there either.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took mine for a spin once with no front sway bar, and there's no way in hell I'd drive it like that if I didn't have to. Front end dove to the ground just normal turning. But try it and see if you can live with it. New end links are only like $17 for a good pair.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take it off for a week and try it, if I drove my wagon more than just to the track, I would definately leave it on.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With only a rear sway bar on, you have seriously compromised your emergency handling capability. If you have to make a sudden, severe turn to avoid something, the car is likely to swap ends.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd leave it on. Unless you go to drag race valving on your front shocks to gain weight transfer, the front bar won't hurt you too much.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just disconnect the end links when you get to the track. Race, bolt them back. Seems to work for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts