Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen alot of sigs.where you all have H.A. rear bars and f-body front bars.Where do you get them?I have h&r springs on front with 255/40/18's,sits pretty low.Will they rub with the bigger bar?Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dunno about the rubbing issue as I have stock springs and stock-height tires... but the F-body bar is available from National Parts Depot and the rear HA/HO bar is available from Malibu Performance... a quick search in this section should find #s for both for you.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Stomper,

I picked up my front f-body bar used from a junk yard. Opps! I mean auto recycler. :D I cost $12 bucks. I don't know about where you are but around here they are easy to find used.
I'm not sure you can even get HA bars anymore. Knightshade has the right direction for HO bars (HO bar is a copy of an HA bar).

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stomper, i think the bar offered at NPD doesn't include the mounting kit. if you cant find an old f bod bar or if you just want a new one, Mike @ No Limits can get you a BMR front sway which is the same as the f bod, check this link.

i happen to have the contact for the HO rears cuz im planning on the purchase this week. here it is, Malibu Performance, 818 222 6725 its $180 for the rear but no mounting kits avaialble. they said just use the stock parts...

THT

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for mounting the rear HA/HO bar to the control arms, most aftermarket arms SHOULD have the hardware to do it. Only real issue is that the "flange" on the HA/HO bas is about 2X as thick as the stock bar flange, thus it might require longer bolts. If so, Grade 8 stuff from the hardware store will work. Just be sure it is ALL Grade 8 (bolts, nuts, and hardened washers) and not just the bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts