Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there really any difference between an impala,9c1 or caprice sway bar besides thickness or size. do any have different handling aspects?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the civie caprice has thin sway bars which doesn't handle well, 9C1 sway bars are the best because they are alot thicker. I think Impala and 9C1 use the same sway bars. Caprice, impala and caprice sway bars all bolt up the same

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by lilronjohnson693:
the civie caprice has thin sway bars which doesn't handle well, 9C1 sway bars are the best because they are alot thicker. I think Impala and 9C1 use the same sway bars. Caprice, impala and caprice sway bars all bolt up the same
The civie caprice has the same bars of the impala if it came ith an LT1, at least mine did.
One of the LT1 cars did not come with a rear bar, IIRC it was a Roadmaster, but not sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bars are the same, handling of a 9C1 and an SS are not the same. Different springs, shocks (I think), and the 9C1 has all the body bushing installed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like above the 9C1, Civie Caprice, and Impala came with different springs and shocks. So the handling would be different.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
neither one of my FE1 roadys had a rear bar. and both had the weak front bar... But my caddy had the thicker ones, along with slightly stiffer springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by MrCadillac (Magnum):
neither one of my FE1 roadys had a rear bar. and both had the weak front bar... But my caddy had the thicker ones, along with slightly stiffer springs.
My FE1 Caprice didn't have a rear bar either and it would lean around corners like it was it's job. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.